August 30, 2010

Old friends

This weekend, Super Dad Paul and Tanner had some quality Daddy/son time while I got to go have some MUCH needed and MUCH appreciated girl time with some old and dear friends.

Saturday I went to a bachelorette party for an old pageant friend, Brooke, who is getting married in just 2 short weeks. It was actually her second for all the people who couldn't make her first bachelorette party (long story and ONLY Brooke could pull off 2 fabulous parties) It was such a fun night and had a collection of women who didn't really know each other that well but all had ties with Brooke. It was fun to go eat FABULOUS food, chit chat and go out with all these fabulous women. One of those nights where basically all of started as strangers but ended up friends and having a GREAT time!! And it was AWESOME to see Brooke again. Our usual is meeting up once a year even though we ALWAYS say it should be more often. Either way, the time we do hang out is always a blast and full of fun.

On Sunday I also got to catch up with a good friend who is getting married, my old roomie, Kristin. We went to our old favorite hang out, Legend's in Minneapolis for Bloody Marys and some greasy but delicious food. It was nice catching up and chatting about anything and everything. It is funny because her and I used to go out in our "single days" and and have so much fun. Things are definitely different now but we are still just as fabulous!

Having these experiences this weekend with some old friends who I do not see very often makes me feel very fortunate to have such relationships in my life. Things are always changing- weddings, kids, moving from here to there, etc. , but having friends that you have not seen in ages and being able to pick up exactly where you left off is one of the little but important things. It makes this crazy unpredictable ride of life we are all on just THAT much more enjoyable.

I know not everyone spends the time and energy to be a good friend, I mean a TRUE good friend who doesn't judge, who makes time, who is REAL, who listens, who understands, who supports, who doesn't compete with you, who laughs with you and accepts you and your mistakes/shortfalls. I am feel VERY lucky to have women in my life who do all these things. Also, I strive to be a good friend to the important ladies in my life. Even when things get crazy and/or busy I still try and make time for the wonderful women in my life. Even if it just a quick card in the mail or meeting for Sunday brunch whenever we can find the time.

So cheers to ladies out there who have true and awesome girlfriends that enrich our lives!!

3 comments:

  1. On that note....have you ever read the book, "Cocktails for Three?" It's Bonny's and she borrowed it to me. It's awesome and pretty much sums up your blog post here. :) Let me know if you want to borrow it and I'll snail mail it over to Danube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a great time with the girls! Cant wait for our girl time (with 3 kids...) when you come to Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bets- I am always in for a good read :) Send it my way whenever you want.

    Bonny- I can't WAIT for Jax! Just got the big suitecase from my mom yesterday. Operation packing is underway!

    ReplyDelete