March 27, 2012

Messy Art Party

This past weekend I threw a Messy Art Birthday Party for my son, Tanner, who turned 2 and my niece, Jada, who turned 7.  It was a great theme for the variety of ages and I think over all a great success!!  Here’s what I did-

I transformed our garage into an art studio with different stations for the kids (and adults) to do some messy art projects.  Most of the decorations were from the dollar store.  I love that place!!  The ceiling decorations were balloons and plastic tablecloths that my mom happened to have a big roll of.

DSC_1149

DSC_1023

Finger Painting Wall

This was a big hit.  I ordered a roll of art paper from amazon.com and hung it up along one entire wall of our garage.  It was kid height and they could create as they pleased.

 DSC_1151

Birthday Boy

  DSC_0999

Birthday Girl

 DSC_1000

DSC_1038

Of course a big bucket of warm soapy water was available to wash their little paws when they were done.

 

Marble Painting

This was a pinterest idea.  You put a couple globs of paint onto a piece of paper in a aluminum pan.  Roll the marbles around and BAM you have yourself some funky art!

DSC_1154

 DSC_1002

DSC_1155

DSC_1066

 

Sand and Noodle Art

I made dyed pasta from a recipe found here.  My sister had some colored sand in her art cupboard.  Put those together with some good old Elmer’s glue and you have yourself some art work.

  DSC_1153

DSC_1047

DSC_1005

DSC_1056

DSC_1057

 

Slime Station

Using yet another recipe found on pinterest that I posted on here earlier this month.

DSC_1061

 

Creative Coloring and Painting

Crayons, Paints, Paper and Imagination

DSC_1156 

DSC_1013

  DSC_1053

 DSC_1064

 DSC_1157

Art Display Wall

Using clothes line and clothes pins, I made an art display/drying wall.  What it was a great way to display our art.  What a beautiful display right?  There’s nothing better that homemade art projects proudly displayed!!

DSC_1073

 

Egg Splat Painting

The weeks leading up to the party, I carefully cracked eggs (only removing a small hole on top).  Then I rinsed them out and filled them with paint.  I put a piece of duct tape over the hole to make little paintballs.  I did a test run of throwing the egg down and found that I got a more dramatic SPLAT when I stomped on it so that is what I had the kids do and the day of the party.  This was a really fun activity.  I only wish I would have eaten more eggs in the beginning of march so that I would have had more paint-filled eggs.

 

DSC_1128

DSC_1133

 DSC_1135

 DSC_1137

 DSC_1138

 DSC_1141

 DSC_1143

 DSC_1148        

Like I said, the party was a HUGE success!!  All the kids and adults had a great time (minus a stomach bug that got 1/3 of the party guests out of commission early this week).   We had great weather and lots of fun! 

I will post another photo bomb later of all our guests and doings of the day!

1 comment:

  1. You are just way too creative! Love the party idea... Looks like it was a LOT of work!!!!

    ReplyDelete