December 30, 2009

1/2 way through and we are surviving the holidays!!

So Paul and I survived the holiday (Round 1). Even the snow storm couldn't stop our Christmas plans! On Christmas Eve after 5-7 inches of snow we made the trek to his Grandma and Grandpa Barnes for Christmas Eve pizza! (Unfortunately we had to get on the road before it got too late and icy so we had to duck out on the dice game..a favorite of mine) We made it to Ramsey to my sister and Mike's house. The four girls got to show us their haul of presents before getting sent to bed so Santa would come. We spent the night in Oak Grove @ my parent's and went to Kristi's traditional x-mas breakfast which was nummy as usual. Grandma and Grandpa Huesmann almost decided not to come because of bad weather but were swayed by the heavy guilt trip of "It's not the same without you" :) Plenty of games were played. There was lots of laughing and even MORE eating. (Surprisingly I weighed myself today and haven't gained any weight..the baby must be gobbling up all the nutrients I take in) We spent the rest of a relaxing weekend at my parents house watching movies, working on snowmobiles in the garage and just visiting. Roads were great on the drive home until we got about 30 or so miles from Danube. The wind blows like crazy out here because of the lack of trees and covered Hwy 212 with snow and drifts.

Round 2:
Tomorrow (NYE) Paul and I will be heading back to Oak Grove to celebrate New Year's eve with my family (My mom has decorated the 3 stall heated garage and created a barn dance for family and friends to enjoy) A trip to Goodwill today proved successful. We found shirts, cowboy boots, and a hat for Paul. (a few other goodwill treasures made it into our purchase somehow too) After ringing in 2010 we have family x-mas with Paul's Mom, Stepdad, Brothers and sisters @ his sister's newly purchased house in St. Francis. (i find it funny that I end up moving out here and Paul's sister and cousin have both bought houses in the St Francis School district in 2009) We will get to see Paul's new nephew Xavier who was born on Dec 11th so I am excited for that. Then I feel confident that our 2009 holiday season will be complete! Hope everyone else had a fun-filled, joyous holiday season like we did!! Here's to a GREAT 2010!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment