July 27, 2010

Mud and Blueberries

This past weekend Paul, Tanner and I went to Sturgeon Lake for a relaxing weekend by the lake. It was only us Nyquists, my mom and Dad, and my cousin Jake. It was so nice and relaxing. Saturday had some weird weather with heavy rain, then hot and sunny, then rainy again and so on. But we thought it would be a perfect time to go out in General Andrews Forest and do some mudding on the four wheeler and one of my dad's new toys: a Polaris Ranger while Tanner had some quality time with his Nana (my mom). It was so much fun and we just happened to catch the blueberry season just right. There were so many berries that my mom, Jake and I decided to go out berry picking again on Sunday morning while the Tanner and Paul enjoyed the beautiful morning by the lake. I have a whole gallon of blueberries to use in homemade blueberry pancakes, muffins, pie, cobbler, syrup...oh the possiblites!!



We jumped in the lake in all of our muddy clothes after we got a couple pictures. The lake felt like bath water compared to those cold puddles we were playing in.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment