February 16, 2012

I’m back…

Hey all, if there are any friends and family out there that still check this.  I have been a complete blog slacker and have been just busy living our life for the last two months.  Here’s a quick synopsis of what we have been doing.

 

Living.  Painting. Christmas laughs. HUGE HUGE new years bash. Cleaning up. Hay Rides.  Walks through the woods.  Playing in puddles (in January-strange).  Work. Night School.  Paul turned 30.  Birthday Party. Cleaning up.  Art Work. Letter and numbers.  Learning to eat big girl food.  Learning to take a bottle. Zumba.  Eating Healthy. Losing weight.  Cleaning my house…messing it up, cleaning again..you get the picture.  Homemade valentine’s. Baking.  Shopping.  Baths. Vacuuming.  Thinking about blogging.  Not blogging. Facebooking…LOTS of Facebooking. Texting. Date Nights. Getting spring Fever.  Planning a Vegas Vacation. Reading. Coloring. 2nd Birthday Party planning.  ECFE Class.  Having visitors. Playing.  Loving…and the list goes on.

 

So I figure you won’t be as mad as me if I offered up a peace offering.  I bought a new cook book FULL of great recipes to make with kids.  Thought I would share what I made today. 

DSC_0627

Here is the cook book.  Got it at Barnes and Noble in the bargain row.  I LOVE IT!!  And it has lots of pictures which I love as well.

 

POWER PACKED PUMKIN POTS

If you like Pumpkin Pie you will love this.  It is fairly healthy too.  I reduced the amount of sugar I put in mine to make it a little healthier.

DSC_0622 

Ingredients-

1 can (15 oz) solid pack pumpkin

1 can (12oz) evaporated milk

3 eggs

1/2 cup sugar (i used about 1/4 cup)

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

Serve with Whipped cream (optional)

1- Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 6-8 (4oz) or 4 (7oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray

2- Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.  Whisk until thoroughly blended.

3-Pour into prepared custard cups; place in 9x13 baking pan.  Pour hot water into baking pan around cups to a depth of 1 inch.

4-Bake 1 hour.  Remove sups to cool.  Let stand for 30 minutes.  Refrigerate 1-2 hours or over night.  Serve with whipped cream if desired.

 

Seriously delish!!!!

 

I’m happy to be back.  And expect to hear more from us Nyquists up here in the Northwoods!!

No comments:

Post a Comment