February 22, 2015

BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman)

This weekend I did something I've never done before. I attended my first BOW workshop. 

"What is BOW?", you ask.

BOW stands for- Becoming an Outdoors Woman. (As you may have read 2.5 seconds ago in the title of this post) 

According to their website: 

"BOW's Fall and Winter Workshops are the best place for women new to the outdoors to begin their journey. Workshops run Friday night through Sunday afternoon. These weekends are filled with a variety of outdoor skill classes, evening programs, campfires and fun!"

It was exactly that. 

I loved it. Connecting with nature, learning skills I've always wanted to and meeting some kick-ass women from all over.

I made upcycled sweater mittens, learned how to keep my feet warm by making some homemade boot socks, went snowshoeing (in SUBZERO TEMPERATURES), slept in a bunk bed, met a K9 conservation officer, hiked to a yurt, ate wonderful food, drank wine, had a campfire, played games and most importantly...RECHARGED!!!!

I highly recommend it to anyone. They offer BOW programs in 36 states but Minnesota offers the largest amount of programs. Everything from kayaking to rifle safety courses to weekend retreats. It's some seriously cool and empowering stuff. 

Here is their website to copy and paste in your browser if you want to check it out. 

http://dnr.state.mn.us/education/bow/index.html


Here are some pictures of the fun I had. 













No comments:

Post a Comment