December 23, 2010

Krumkake

Being the good Scandinavian girl I am, I decided to make Krumkake this year.  My Grandma Huesmann usually makes this but I decided to give a try for myself.  It is easy but time consuming.

As you can see, it is a very high tech and modern machine we use :)

  DSC_0388

We borrowed this iron from my mom’s friend Patty.  I might have to scour thrift stores and garage sales this year to find one of my own to use for next year.

Recipe:

3 eggs beaten

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup melted butter

1/2 cup flour

1 tsp vanilla

Combine beaten eggs and sugar; beat well.  Add melted butter, flour, and extract.  Cook as directed with krumkake iron.  (Basically it is like making a very thin, mini pancake.  Then you roll it up around the rolling cone-or in my case a turkey baster.)

Here is the finished product.  To eat fill with whipped cream and topped with a cherry or strawberry.  DELICIOUS!!!

DSC_0389

Tanner thought the whipped cream was mmm mmm good :)

100_0052

No comments:

Post a Comment