March 15, 2013

Due Date

Being my third child, this baby may have it's fair share of laid-back attitude from me. This is already apparent as I reach my "due date." I use the words on quotes because I really don't believe in due dates as some magical date when all of a sudden one day the baby is ready to be born. It's more of an educated guess by doctors so that they can have a guideline to follow for care.

Today is my due date.

I am still very much pregnant.

I am hoping the baby comes soon. (Well soon-ish)

I want to meet him or her. I want to give them a name. I want to introduce this little person to the pretty cool little family we have going on here in the Northwoods.

I have a feeling I will have a bittersweet reaction to the end of this pregnancy chapter in my life. This is our last baby, our final puzzle piece. These are my last days with a swollen belly, sore hips, alien-like movement in me and an overall invasion of the body snatchers that is like no other experience available to humans.

After this I am responsible for the lives, learning and nourishment of 3 little people.

Three.

The thought is as daunting as it is exciting. I can't wait...well actually I can. A few more days with this sweet baby inside of me is completely alright with me (for now)

I plan on spending these days and moments relishing in these last kicks, reminding myself that heartburn is temporary, enjoying my 25+ daily bathroom trips because it will be over before I know it.

They say while raising kids the days are long but the years are short and I am already seeing the truth in that.

So as these final seconds of my last pregnancy crawl by, I will try and balance my anticipation to meet this little person with the patience of knowing he/she will be here before I know it.

Stay tuned for baby watch. It won't be long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment