July 13, 2011

Sick Days

As a stay at home mom, this is my definition of a sick day. (Note: It does not include ANYTHING about taking time off to lay on my couch)

Sick Day: (noun)  A day you spend either;

a) cleaning up puke (multiple times), wiping running noses, changing less than solid diapers, while trying to sanitize each and every solid surface in your house until Daddy finally gets home and can give you at least a TINY break (because sick kids ALWAYS want their Mommys)

OR

b) feeling miserable because despite your best efforts you somehow caught the bug your child had- now they are feeling better and want to play so you suck it up, put on your big girl pants and count the hours in the day until Daddy gets home.

 

Lucky me, have had a sick week in my house.  Tanner fought off another double ear infection before the 4th of July weekend, THEN this past week he caught some other bug which involves LOTS and LOTS of vomit, crankiness, fever.  He is usually such a happy-go-lucky guy that it is usually hard to figure out when he isn’t feeling good.  This week-not so much…between the projectile vomit, the crying, and slight fever, I was quick to catch on.

Today, I am now feeling this bug…ICK!!  I have been muscling my way through it because as a mom to a nursing newborn and a attention demanding toddler- let’s face it- I don’t have time to be sick.  I am just SOOOOOO thankful Tanner and Emmy Lu are easy going children and can bear with me on these (hopefully) few and far between sick days.  (But hey, even with these “sick days” I still wouldn’t trade all the time home with my kiddos for anything!! But a day off on a day like today sure would be nice).

Here’s to feeling better SOON!!  I have too much stuff to do.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I checked stay at home moms did not get sick days :( Hang in there & yeah...keep those 'big girl pants' handy because you gotta keep wearing them!

    ReplyDelete