April 17, 2010

He smiled at me

Today Tanner smiled at me. It wasn't the smile of a newborn that has just passed gas or unconsciously smiling at something unknown to us adults, but a smile of a growing baby boy. It was a smile meant just for me as I sang to him and played with his hands. Just when I thought I was going to start crying, he smiled again and I just about lost it. It was another smile meant especially for his silly mommy. I took a mental picture and tucked it the vault of my mommy mind. This little guy has me hooked. Just when I think I can't love him more, somehow I do. That love and two short smiles from my little guy are enough to keep me full for a LONG time! I know that being his mom today is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the first smile...and it only gets better as they age. I love it when I put Tommy to bed and after I kiss him, he puckers up, puts up one finger and says "one more"

    ReplyDelete