January 23, 2011

Bookaholic

OK…I  have the little icon over here that says what I am reading but I don’t update it nearly enough.  Since I have gotten my kindle (x-mas eve), I have a problem.  Hi, my name is Heidi, and I am a book-a-holic.  Here are the books I have read in the last 30 days:

The Girl Who Played with Fire  by Steig Larson

The Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest by Steig Larson

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Emma by Jane Austin

Persuasion by Jane Austin

Yep that is more than a book a week people.  I might have a problem.  A bookaholic owning an e-reader is like a heroin addict that lives with its dealer….CONSTANT SUPPLY PEOPLE!!!

To my defense, it IS the nasty part of the winter and reading helps me escape the winter doldrums that set in around this time.  Also, I really have nothing better to do.  I am not staying in my own house so projects are really out of the question and a girl can really only do so much laundry and watch so many 90210 re-runs.  Tanner naps on average of 4 hours a day and gives this mama plenty of time to sit back and relax.  I KNOW I won’t read this much when the weather gets warm and when Deuce comes in June.  So I guess I should reform my previous statement. “Hi, my name is Heidi.  I am a bookaholic and really don’t care.”

Any fellow addicts out there?

PS, since I fly through books I am ALWAYS taking suggestions.  E-mail me or comment if you think you have a book that is CAN’T MISS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't consider myself a bookaholic but a few reading suggestions...I just finished Wicked and thought it was a great read! Anything by Jodi Picoult has been very good. I love Francine Rivers too; Redeeming Love or her Mark of the Lion Series were AMAZING! That is awesome that Tanner is such a sweet little napper and gives you time for reading!!

    ReplyDelete