January 19, 2011

Let’s go to the mall…

For those of you who watch “How I Met Your Mother” on CBS, you will totally understand when I exclaim, “Let’s go to the Mall!!”  For those of you who have not yet realized the super funny and entertaining show, here is a video that helps explain it.  One of the characters, Robin, will not go the the mall because she was a Canadian teen pop sensation who had a hit “Let’s go to the mall.”  It is hilarious and here is a video of her “hit”.  I love it!!

 
Anyways, point of this post being is that Paul, Tanner, and I hit up Miller Hill Mall in Duluth yesterday.  Winter is fully upon us here in Northern MN and we needed to get out of the house and do something.  (Plus I have an addiction to Bath and Body Works foaming antibacterial hand soap and there was a sale)
It was a nice way to get out and actually walk around with out having to have 3 layers of clothing on.  Tanner was a charmer as always, getting the “Oh he’s so cute!” everywhere we went.  I don’t think I have taken him anywhere besides the doctor or visiting family for 3 months now so he thought all the people, lights and stuff were the coolest thing ever and was SO WELL behaved.  We had lunch at our new favorite burger place- Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  My friend Bonny and her husband live in Jacksonville and RAVE about it.  So we had to try it.  It definitely lived up to the hype and had some great burgers at a great price.  Tanner loved it too and the guys working there were all SUPER nice. They gave Tanner a safety sucker and he thought it was the coolest thing.  He didn’t realize you could eat it but had a blast playing with it in it’s wrapper.  Maybe one day I will show him the sweet goodness but the longer I can get away with him NOT knowing what candy is, the better.  Paul and I will surely be going back to Five Guys.  After shopping, lunch, and a trip to the grocery store on the way home, I was thoroughly pooped and so was Tanner.  We managed to stay up to 9 (almost) and Tanner slept till almost 9 this morning.  We’ll have to make more outings like this, especially to help beat the winter stir craziness that sets in about this time of year. 
 
Next up is swimming.  I have realized that Duluth area doesn’t have any community centers or public indoor pools BUT the local AmericInn Hotel offers swimming passes to use their pool and it’s only 8 miles away.  Tanner LOVES the water so I think we’ll be making a trip there very soon.  Plus I am sure we might have the run of the place.  I can’t imagine very many Moose Lake residents rushing to use the pool midweek.  I can’t wait!!  Hope you are finding ways to battle the winter cooped up craziness too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment