May 25, 2010

Mommy's Night Out


On Saturday, Paul and I had our first night out and overnight away from Tanner. My mom watched him Saturday during the day til Sunday morning when we picked him up. We went to a Twins game @ Target Field with a big group of friends. There were 25 of us who had seats together (Only part of us made the pic..which BTW I LOVE). What a view huh? I had so much fun. We first went and had a BBQ on our friends rooftop patio which was only 4 blocks from the field. We walked to the game, had a blast, Twins won in extra innings, then we celebrated in Downtown Minneapolis. By midnight I was beat (not to mention I had more cocktails then I have had in about a year) and ready to walk back to the hotel Paul and I were staying at. Of course we had to stop for a slice of pizza on the way home. It reminded me so much of my college days. The line out the door of drunk people waiting for $5 a slice pizza. So funny. It was nice to sleep the whole night through and I slept in until 8:30!! It was definitely a great time but it made me realize we are a little to old to pump it up like we used to. Good thing these nights are now few and far between for me. I don't think I am fully recovered yet.
I thought it would be harder than it actually was to leave Tanner. Maybe I felt so comfortable because he was with my mom. Who is better to watch your own child than the woman who raised you, right? I do not feel like a bad Mom for not breaking down in tears or calling every half hour to check on him. I actually really enjoyed my time out. I was missing him by the time we were head home, of course, and had no shortage of telling people how darn cute and fabulous Tanner is. And thanks to our wonderfully funny and awesome friends Tanner has two new nicknames: T-Fred and Sir Fredrick. (Thanks James and Gary!!)
Our next Twins game is in July with my family. Tanner will get to enjoy that one with us and see Daddy's favorite team in action then!

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture and I'm glad you had a fun time out! Don't ever feel guilty for having a little "Mommy and Daddy" time. Take advantage of babysitters!

    ReplyDelete