November 2, 2010

What's for Supper?? Clean out my cupboard Mexican Chicken Hot-Dish

I am not really one to cook with recipes. More often than not I will throw something together that I roughly remember by heart or, like tonight, just simply throw something together with stuff I have in my cupboard. Since we are moving soon, I am on a mission to clean out my cupboards and start using the food I have stored in them. I just hate moving food and the less I have to move/toss out the better. I decided that I would blog about my "Cleaning out my cupboards" recipes...good and bad you'll get them all with my honest review of how it tastes.

Tonight: Clean out my cupboard Mexican Chicken Hotdish



Ingredients:

3 chicken breasts
1 package Spanish Rice side dish
1 2/3 cup water
1 can black beans
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 can corn (I used corn from my freezer I froze this summer)
some shredded cheese
dash of cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt and black pepper


Cube and cook chicken

Add rice and cook following directions on packet

In casserole dish mix- Chicken and rice, black beans ,3/4 can enchilada sauce, corn, and a hand full of shredded cheese.

Over the top of the mixture pour rest of enchilada sauce and then sprinkle another handful or two of cheese over the top.

Bake on 350 until cheese starts turning a bubbly golden brown.

Serve topped with sour cream or salsa if you happen to have some :)

ENJOY!!


Review: Both Paul and I thought it was DELICIOUS!!!!! So, 4 thumbs up!! I'll definately have to throw this together again in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment