October 1, 2010

Home Sweet Harvest

I made it home! Tanner was an angel on the flight again and had the flight attendant wrapped around his chubby little finger. She couldn't get enough of him and OF COURSE he ate it right up-smiling, giggling and cooing at her. And I got 3 unsolicited comments about how he looks "just like his Mama." Paul picked us up from the airport and we went out to lunch. It was so nice being with my boys again! I had lots of fun in Florida and I know Bonny really appreciated my help but I did miss having my nice little family of 3 together.
As we drove from"the cities" (as I now call them) west toward home, there were combines busy in the fields and you feel the harvest buzz in the air. This is my favorite time of year. I hate that Paul has to work such long hours but I just love the energy that surrounds it. It is a rush against the weather and time to get the crops out. It is the crisp morning and evening air that require you to put on your favorite big comfy sweatshirt and slippers. It is the bright orange sun setting against miles and miles of slowing disappearing crops.
It's my Home Sweet Harvest time and I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back!
    The harvest season is my favorite too! Back to school, crunchy leaves, bonfires, the smell of apples, pumpkin carving, sweatshirts....I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Paul's not the only one who has the farmer dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Mom...I think time away gave me a fresh...umm...perspective :) I realized I like country living more than I had been thinking and am able to look at things with a new outlook. Good things all around! Positive energy out equals Positive energy back.

    ReplyDelete