February 3, 2010

$1.99 picture frame

I was at Joann craft store and saw plain white wooden little frames for sale. They were $1.99 a piece and thought I could probably make some really cute baby room picture frames. I decided only to buy 1 as a test subject to see if it turned out cute. (I should have bought more because now I have grand ideas for a picture frame wall-art collage in the nursery.) Anyways, with some scrap book paper, buttons, Elmer's glue, and some clear spray paint finish, and of course some hot glue I have a cute frame for the baby room and the desire to make more :) It was so cheap and easy. I thought these would make GREAT gift ideas if you had some letters to personalize with a name or favorite toy theme or anything fun like that. Basically any little decoration, scrap-booking scraps, even small toys could be used to make the frame your very own...I might just have to head back to Joann next week...and wouldn't you know it I just got a flyer with some coupons...I think it's a sign.


Here are a couple pictures of the finished frame up close and then in the nursery.



No comments:

Post a Comment