June 28, 2011

Our Sweet Emmy Lu

DSC_0083

On Monday morning @ 5:14 am we finally met our sweet little baby GIRL!!!  Emmeline Lucille 7lbs 12 oz 20.5inches long.  I was so excited to even out the “teams” in our house and to have a little princess to dress up!!! 

Here is her birth story.  My water broke @ 10:30 pm Sunday night.  I was sure it was my water breaking because the same thing happened with Tanner.  UNLIKE Tanner’s birth though, contraction started almost immediately after.  I took a shower and we decided to head to the hospital.  We arrived @ St Mary’s in Duluth @ 1am.  After checking in (which involved asking me 1,000,000 questions) I was only dialated to 3.5cm and the contractions were coming stronger and regularly.  The resident was not convinced that my labor was going anywhere and let me just hang out for a while.  In the meantime, the contractions kept coming and I kept breathing through them but I could tell that it was starting to move faster, so could my nurse (she was AWESOME)  They were about to hook up my IV when they just decided to check me again to see where I was and surprise surprise I was dialated to almost 9.  Needless to say there was barely enough time to get the delivery stuff set up so an epidural or any type of pain management was out of the question.  (Which is what I was hoping for but didn’t know if I would have the strength/guts to pull off).  I told the nurse that I needed to push so I started.  (Paul said he could see the head before the resident doc or nurse was even there).  Three quick pushes later I had our sweet, wonderful, prefect little girl!!!

I am completely and utterly in love again.  She is sweet, calm and PERFECT!!  We are both doing really well and came home from the hospital this morning.  I have to say that delivery without the epidural was WAY WAY WAY better than my epidural/pitocin delivery with Tanner.  I am just so happy that I was able to bring another healthy, wonderful baby into this world!

We are waiting for Tanner to wake up so that we can introduce the siblings.  I am excited/nervous to see his reaction.  In the meantime, here are some pictures of our Sweet Emmy Lu.

Paul grabbed the camera in time to get a couple pictures!!  Good work Daddy!!

DSC_0035 DSC_0037

Just a couple hours old!!!

 DSC_0040DSC_0054 DSC_0041

Daddy changes the first diaper!!

 DSC_0043 DSC_0047

Emmy Lu’s Birthday Rainbow

  DSC_0057

Savannah and Sadie come to visit!

 DSC_0058 DSC_0060 DSC_0062 DSC_0063 DSC_0068

We are Ready to go home!!!

DSC_0070  DSC_0086 DSC_0087

First Car Ride

 DSC_0091

HOME SWEET HOME!!!

 DSC_0092 DSC_0094 DSC_0097

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new little bundle. Love the name too! Enjoy your first couple days as a four-some family.

    ReplyDelete